Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sexy Spoonfuls

Pardon my lack of posts recently, but WOW, a lot has happened in the last week.  I’ve experienced—on separate accounts—tragedy, heartache, and entered into the upper half of my twenties, so there has been a lot of emotional voltage to say the least.  I also completed a fruit fast, which inevitably affected my sensibilities.  In this past week I’ve cycled through endless thought processes regarding death, love, uncertainty, the grace of God, heartbreak, resilience, and the value of life; I’ve only just now been able to catch my breath, and I must say, the cosmos must be up to something.  At the end of the day, it’s all a matter of perspective, and I am infinitely grateful for my life on this earth.  Thank you all for the incredible moral support!

On a lighter note, in respect to Valentine’s Day (which for me is really just the day after my birthday involving more chocolate, flowers and wine), I find it only appropriate to talk about aphrodisiacs…and who doesn’t love that?!  The following foods increase serotonin production, boost libido, stimulate blood flow in both male and female genitalia to enhance orgasms, release dopamine in the pleasure centers of the brain, and overall, set the mood for sexy time.  Some of the following might seem slightly strange in the name of amoré, but never underestimate the power of vital nutrients in working a little magic in the bod.  Eat up for added passion, romance, and sensuality…yum!

Oysters-high zinc content, increase sperm production
Cacao (aka chocolate)-contains anandamide, the psychoactive feel-good chemical, and PEA, the “love” chemical
Asparagus-vitamin and mineral content boosts histamine production necessary to reach orgasm
Avocados-named after an Aztec term meaning “testicle tree”…the history speaks for itself
Bananas-rich in chelating minerals and the bromeliad enzyme, which amps up libido
Basil-its strong aroma is said to rouse sensuality…no wonder Italians are so romantic!
Figs-a known arousing stimulant
Garlic-powerful source of allicin, which stimulates male libido


Happy V-Day!


XO,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment