Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Feed Your Best Self

How do you show up in your life?  This question has been a predominant theme in my life as of recent, and there are many components to be considered.  How do you show up for the people in your life?  How do you show up for yourself?  How do you show up in fulfilling your responsibilities and in serving your higher purpose?  Do you show up wholeheartedly, or do you show up halfway?  Maybe there are ways in which you don’t show up at all, and in that case, are you hiding from the truth?  My goal and my challenge is being present in all aspects of my life, and at times my attempts to observe without judgment have sent me spiraling through an emotional roller coaster.  I have forced myself to show up wholeheartedly in places where I’d rather not have shown up at all, and sitting still with my own conscience can consequently be quite the trip.  The hardest part has been trying not to judge myself for following my heart over my head; although I know it is the right thing to do (and it’s only at this point in my life that I’ve been secure enough with myself to do so), it has potential to cause me a great amount of doubt and insecurity.  Which leads me to the next part…

Trust the process.  I believe it, I’d say it to anyone, and I know that sometimes it can be a tough pill to swallow.  But, do not be defeated by your own demons.  There is no force great enough to take away the light in your eyes or rob you of your love for life.  I’m a firm believer that if you can show up in your life as your honest to best self, the universe will reciprocate.  And it always does, abundantly and twofold.  As Westerners we seek instant gratification, but it is important to maintain virtue and remember that good things come to those who wait.  Also, the best things in life don't come easy, so taking the easy way out will hardly give you the satisfaction and fulfillment you yearn for.

Let it not be forgotten that what you feed your body with is also the source of your vitality.  Your food is your fuel, not only for your physical body, but also for your mental and emotional body.  There is a direct correlation between what you eat and your energy, thoughts, and attitudes toward life.  This is proven by science, and if you don't believe me, do an experiment on yourself and start cleaning up what you put in your body.  You will start to notice that how you fuel yourself translates to the energy you put out into the world, and in turn you will attract that same kind of energy.  If you're constantly fueling yourself with junk, the outcome is sure to be toxic.  In all beings there is both light and darkness, and only you can choose which part of yourself to feed.  Are you feeding your best self?

Be the light you seek, be the love you wish to find.


XO,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment